Happy Thanksgiving from Our Family to Yours!
We have done *part* of the Thanksgiving challenges together (don’t worry, we didn’t do all of them either 😂) and have attempted to be intentional during family dinner or car rides to take a minute and talk about things we are thankful for that day.
Our kids fuss, my husband and I disagree…passionately sometimes, important things fall through the cracks that cause panic and chaos, and many things do not go as planned each day.
My desire is that by focusing on gratefulness this month, we have hopefully created some habits of conversation that will help us all year long!
(and a few pictures for all the good memories throughout the year)
Harrison’s Thanksgiving List:
- A bed to sleep on
- Yummy food to eat like tacos
- Trips to get treats after school
- Getting to play on a basketball team this year
- Jesus dying on the cross for me
- Running water
- Getting to play the piano
- All of my toys
- A roof on my house
Addy’s Thanksgiving List:
- Lauren Daigle’s music
- My new class at school
- Technology to make things easier
- My family
- Comfy clothes
- My tie-die pj’s
- Fun shopping trips to Claire’s
- My American Girl dolls
Payton’s Thanksgiving List:
- Music- listening to it and playing it
- Parents and siblings who love me
- A Christian school to go to
- A beautiful house with plenty of space for our family
- Good books
- Good Christian friends that genuinely care
- An amazing youth group
- The fact that Jesus loved me enough to die for me so I can be with Him
Robb’s Thanksgiving List:
- Basketball with Harrison
- Tucking in the kids
- Sunday night snack nights
- Shared dreams
- Great people to work with
- Friends that call just because
- I can listen to music while I work
- Second (and third) chances
- No maintenance haircut
- Rancho Chico Takeout
Robyn’s Thanksgiving List:
And it’s finally my turn! In no particular order, here are a few things I am especially grateful for this year:
- Special trips and memories made with our little family
- A specific answer to prayer for one of our kids regarding school
- A couple days a week when I get to leave school early and have a little time at home, usually spent creating content for the blog! I love doing it and am so thankful for the gift of some time.
- Music…God has used some particular songs to help me this year. If you’re a subscriber, you’ve received my playlists through the year! Hopefully those songs have helped you too!
- Specific opportunities to learn about setting better boundaries for both my family and myself (still working on this one!)
- Various ways I can see God working in the lives of my family; that is my greatest desire and goal
- And my family! I am so thankful for the four people who live under the same roof as me. As imperfect as we are, we are better together. They teach me every single day.
- Each of YOU! I am incredibly grateful for a network of friends and supporters in this community. Your comments, messages, likes, words of encouragement, and for just being here at all…it means so much not only to me, but also to my family! We are so thankful for YOU!
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!