9 Simple Ways to Decorate for Winter and Leave Up After Christmas Too
Check out these simple, easy ways to decorate for winter! You can style your home for Christmas and leave them up after the holidays too! Welcome to Day 10 of the 10 Days of Christmas Preparations! Today, we are going to show you ways to decorate for winter that you can use after the holidays too!
None of us want to rush the holidays.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are my very favorites and I am only ever trying to extend the season, not rush it. However, once New Year’s rolls around and the Christmas decor goes away, our homes can feel a bit empty, right? Then, there is always the big question of how can I decorate my house after Christmas? If you’ve ever had that question, then these ways to decorate for winter are ones you’re going to want to save!
A big part of creating cozy homes is planning ahead! We are excited to share some ways that you can use winter greenery. Not only can you style it in your homes for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but you can also easily transition your home to winter after the holidays.
We hope these tips and ideas will help you create a cozy home that lasts until the first signs of spring start to appear! Because who doesn’t love some decor that can last more than the month of the holiday?!
Meet the friends who are inspiring you for the 10 Days of Christmas Prep this week:
- Rachel from The Pond’s Farmhouse
- Anne and AnnMarie from Simply 2 Moms
- Stacy from Bricks N Blooms
- Jen from Cottage on Bunker Hill
- KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms
- Kelly from The Tattered Pew
- Brendt from She Gave It A Go
- Kim from Cottage in the Mitten
I have had the honor of spending time with each of these amazing ladies and I’m proud to call them my personal friends! I’ve seen peeks of what they will be sharing and I promise you won’t want to miss a single day! It is such an honor to spend time “decorating, DIYing, baking, cooking, and creating” this week with such kind and talented friends!
How do I style my house for winter?
We are here to give you our best tips and ideas! Here’s a peek at the inspiration that is being shared today:
- Outdoor Winter Planter Idea
- Easy Winter Porch Decorating Tips & Tricks
- Beautiful Faux Greenery & Stems for Your Holiday
- DIY Real Cedar & Orange Topiaries
- How to Use Winter Greenery to Create Beautiful Mantel Decor
- Cozy Winter Fireplace Decor Essentials
- How to Decorate a Rustic Christmas Mantel
- 21 Ideas for Decorating with Pinecones
- How to Make a Fluffy Christmas Mantel Garland for Less
9 Simple Ways to Decorate for Winter and Leave Up After Christmas Too
1. Create beautiful planters for ways to decorate for winter!
How can I decorate my house in January?
Don’t worry. You don’t have to actually think about January right now; that would definitely overwhelm me! However, these gorgeous planters from Stacy at Bricks N Blooms are a perfect idea to create right now! You can enjoy them for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and beyond!
Looking for easy outdoor planters for winter ideas? Learn how to design budget-friendly beautiful winter outdoor planters.
Get Stacy’s amazing ideas HERE!
2. Check out these outdoor ways to decorate for winter!
How can I decorate my house after Christmas?
As I said, it is always a bonus to me when I can decorate for the season, also planning at the same time for a quick and easy transition after the holiday!
Jen from Cottage on Bunker Hill is sharing her gorgeous outdoor winter decor. These ways to decorate for winter are ones that you could do now, add a few festive Christmas touches, and then transition back to winter in just a few minutes after the holiday!
Jen is sharing a few of her easy winter porch decorating tips to quickly turn your entranceway into a festive welcome for the entire winter season.
Bonus: This saves time and money!
3. Beautiful Faux Greenery & Stems for Your Holiday
Looking for some new greenery this Christmas? When it comes to winter, Kim LOVES faux greenery! Today, she shares some beautiful faux greenery & stems for you to use this holiday season.
4. Dried fruit and winter greenery are perfect ways to decorate for winter!
Rachel from The Pond’s Farmhouse is sharing a winter greenery DIY that I definitely want to try this year! In fact, it would go perfectly with my Thanksgiving decor and then just leave up all winter long!
These DIY Real Cedar & Orange Topiaries are a sustainable and budget-friendly way to decorate for the Christmas season. Fill your home with the wonderful fragrance of live greenery and save money this holiday by following this easy step-by-step tutorial.
Check out Rachel’s easy tutorial HERE!
5. Layering winter greenery is one of the best ways to decorate for winter!
How do you decorate for winter after Christmas?
Wondering how to decorate your mantel to last you through the season and after Christmas too? Make your winter mantel decor extra cozy with these easy decorating tips. Layers + textures + greens…the perfect combination! Bonus: you can add and swap out simple and small accessories for the following:
- Dried gourds and pheasant feathers tucked in for Thanksgiving
- Stockings and bells for Christmas
- Cozy brass candlesticks and vintage clocks for winter
Get my simple steps HERE!
6. Winter fireplace decorating is easy with these essentials!
Brendt is sharing with you how to cozily decorate your fireplace for winter with these essentials. Don’t miss these easy to put into play ideas.
7. Ready for more mantel ideas and ways to decorate for winter?
Check out these easy layering tips for how to add the best greenery, statement pieces and rustic accents to your mantel or fireplace. You will leave feeling inspired and ready to decorate.
8. 21 Ideas for Decorating with Pinecones!
Free Christmas decorating makes me happy! Do you have pine cones in your yard? Here are 21 ways to add them to your winter greenery.
9. Looking for cheap ways to decorate for winter?
Simply 2 Moms has got you covered with this trick…all starting with a cheap garland!
Learn how to make your Christmas mantel garland look full and fluffy without breaking your budget. These easy to copy ideas show you how to get height and volume starting with cheap garland. This method can be used for any decorating style or color scheme.
Get this quick and easy tutorial from Simply 2 Moms HERE!
Are you feeling inspired?
Since July, we have all had so much fun planning how we could best help each of you prepare for the holiday season. Our goal was to make it easy, budget-friendly, fun, and to lighted your stress load for the holidays!
We welcome you to revisit the 10 Days of Christmas Preparations and save your favorites so you can remember them as you move through your own holiday prep.
Most of all, we hope we’ve inspired you to take time to really make your homes the most special places to be for this most wonderful time of the year!
Don’t miss out on the full 10 Days of Christmas Prep!
- Day 1: 9 of the most simple, easy, and beautiful Christmas DIY ideas HERE
- Day 2: Get your outdoor Christmas porch decor ready with THESE ideas
- Day 3: Give your Christmas tree a little something extra with THESE inspiring ideas
- Day 4: Use these tips to create simple and budget-friendly Christmas tablescapes and table settings for entertaining
- Day 5: Save these amazing Christmas treats and recipes to make for your family and friends this season
- Day 6: How to create budget-friendly and cozy Christmas home decorations for a festive holiday home
- Day 7: Tips and ideas to add an extra festive feeling to your home for Christmas
- Day 8: Get some creative and unique ideas for Christmas gift wrapping that are still simple and easy to do
- Day 9: Make your own inexpensive, festive, and easy Christmas DIY wreath to enjoy this season
- Day 10: Use these decorating ideas with winter greenery and ways to decorate for winter. Bonus: You can leave this decor up after the holidays too!