How to Use Front Porch Decor Ideas for Easy Decorating This Spring
Spring is the perfect time to create a welcoming front porch space! I am sharing a few easy ways to refresh my porch decor for the spring season. Keep reading to find my favorite front porch decor ideas that you can easily use this season!
Nothing says spring quite like an inviting front porch and entry area, right? While I want this space to look pretty for guests, it is even more important to me that at the end of a long day, my own family is greeted with a welcoming view. These front porch decor ideas are all easy but I love how they make our home look welcoming when we pull in the driveway!
Our front porch decor is refreshed and ready for the new season! (And deep cleaned while we were at it, which it desperately needed!)
I want to share with you a few easy steps and front porch decor ideas to make your porch pretty for spring. It doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive to be inviting! There are just a few elements that can work together to make front porch decor ideas simply beautiful!
Joining me today are some of my blogging friends. I always get great inspiration from these talented blogs and I know you’ll love what they are sharing. If you are hopping over from Amy at Amy Sadler Designs, welcome! I love her front door painting tips.
(Speaking of, mine is due for some touch up!)
There are so many great front porch decor ideas throughout this hop today, so gather your favorite ideas from each blog to create your own welcoming porch for the season!
How do I make my front porch look welcoming?
Here are some ideas you’ll find throughout the blog hop today to help you get your porch ready for spring!
- Easy DIY ideas for front porch decorating
- How to style a small front porch for spring
- Budget-friendly ideas to decorate a front porch
- Adding curb appeal to your front porch
- How to get your porch ready for springtime porch sitting
- Quick ideas to refresh your front porch for spring
- How to make your front porch look cozy for spring
- Freshen up your front porch by painting your doors
- 3 main elements for easy front porch decor ideas
How to Easily Make Your Porch Decor Pretty for Spring
There are a few elements that I look for when I am styling my front porch decor. This, of course, all depends on the size and style of your space, but I think of it in 3 basic areas. No matter the season, I typically stick with these easy elements for porch decor.
How can I make my front porch look nice?
- Decorate the front door.
- Add simple seating.
- Incorporate key accessories.
1. Front Porch Decor Ideas: Porch Decor Starts with the Door!
How to decorate a front porch for cheap?
The first thing I usually style are my front doors. If your budget is small, decorate the doors first! Whether you have double doors or a single door, it will be most inviting with something pretty hanging on it! I usually add simple wreaths.
For spring, I decided to bring in more florals and made these flower baskets! I love how they pop off of our black doors and give an instant spring look to our porch decor!
How to make an easy flower basket for your front door decor:
I started with this cute basket. Wicker and rattan are trending for 2023, so this was an easy way to bring in a bit of that trend and still keep it a style that goes well with our home! Plus, I can use it all year round by quickly switching out the greenery and florals!
Lastly, to add the perfect touch of spring, I added these bunches of peonies. They have such a great look to them and I love the varied coloration, which makes them look more realistic! I used two bunches in each basket for a really full look.
Pro Tip: When styling florals, working in odd numbers usually works the best! 3 eucalyptus stems and 2 bunches of peonies gave me a great odd number of 5 to work with!
2. Front Porch Decor Ideas: Add Function to Your Porch Decor with Seating
Not every front porch has room for seating; in fact, not all of the homes I’ve lived in have had a space for seating. However, if possible, even a small bench or cute garden stool can provide some function to your front porch and make it feel cozy and welcoming.
We picked up our white rockers, second-hand, many years ago. Investing in quality outdoor pieces can really save money in the long run!
At the same time, if you’re able to add any seating, it also works to provide layers and height variation to your porch decor.
Maybe the most fun part is adding some outdoor throw pillows too! I’ve had these bunny pillows and the natural, round ones for several years. However, I’ll link some other favorite outdoor pillows for you below!
Here are some favorite seating options and outdoor pillows for front porch decor:
- This white, weather-resistant rocking chair
- Add functional with triple feature of seating, side table, and storage
- Pretty, white garden stool
- Add style with a rustic bench
- If you have room, add a small bistro conversation set
- Striped Sunbrella pillows (love the Sunbrella brand because they last forever!)
- Water-resistant outdoor pillow inserts
- Outdoor raffia pillows with tassels
- Natural color geometric style outdoor pillow
- Pretty colors and style on this outdoor pillow
3. Front Porch Decor Ideas: Have Fun with Key Accessories on Your Porch!
Accessories are so fun and even you have a small front porch, you can add some simple things to make your porch decor extra welcoming!
Since this space is so symmetrical, I like to add matching accessories to each side, but mix it up a little with the use of a side table.
How to decorate a plain front porch?
Adding accessories like pillows, planters, lanterns, flowers, and outdoor candles are a great way to add layers and texture to any porch space.
Next on my porch, I added a set of lanterns to each side. I love how much texture and interest they add to the space. Since they are a nice, substantial size, they show up nicely from the road and driveway too.
Outdoor candles are another great way to make a porch welcoming. At the same time, they really added a fun and fresh look for spring! I love that I’ll be able to use these outdoor pillar candles year-round too!
Planters with fresh plants and flowers are perfect to set around your front porch decor. They are kind of like the icing on the cake! It is a great opportunity to add some spring color and just makes everything feel cheerful and bright!
I am reusing planters that I already had, but if you need to refresh yours this year, there are some gorgeous options. I’ll link a few favorites below for you!
Here are some other favorite accessories for front porch decorating:
- This pair of faux cedar trees is fade-resistant and looks so real
- A cute hanging solar lantern with wicker texture
- These gorgeous gold lanterns from cast iron will last for many years
- Such a cute outdoor lantern from resin wicker material
- Outdoor boxwood topiary ball
- These tall concrete-look planters are a great price
- Concrete planter available in different colors
- Outdoor door mat perfect for layering
- Cute outdoor door mat is so welcoming
- Pretty uv resistant outdoor flowers
I hope this gives you some ideas as you start to plan a spring refresh for your porch! There are a lot of ways to use what you already have and just tuck in a few refresh pieces here and there to make your porch decor extra inviting and welcoming this season!
As I said at the beginning of my post, there are so many wonderful ideas ready for you today! Next, hop over to my good friend, Wendy, from WM Design House, has some gorgeous and easy DIY ideas to help you get your front porch decor ready for spring!
Make sure to visit all of the blogs on the tour today! You’re going to love these easy ways to refresh your porch for the season!
You may also enjoy these spring decor and outdoor-related posts:
- Simple Spring Decor: 7 Easy Ways to Update Your Home for Spring
- How to Use 10 Common Thrift Store Finds for Spring Home Decor
- Beautiful Driveway DIY for Affordable Curb Appeal
- Curb Appeal on a Budget
- Easy Spring Home Decor Favorites from Amazon (2023)
- How to Beautifully Decorate a Coffee Table for Spring