The Best 27 Fall Throw Pillows for 2022
Fall throw pillows are the easiest and quickest way to refresh your home for the autumn season! Check out these 27 trending throw pillows that you can easily add to your fall home decor accessories!
I won’t even ask the question of whether or not you can have too many throw pillows. To be totally honest, I don’t want to hear the answer! If you ask my husband, it is entirely possible that those words have come out of his mouth in the past. However, I’ve been gently training him over the many years of our marriage and he has learned to not ask that particular question. 😂
That being said, I actually am a lot more picky about my throw pillows than I used to be and I have decluttered many, MANY of them in the past few months. In fact, I think I have about two less bins of pillows in storage than I did last year. I think that is pretty good for a girl who may, just possibly, have an addiction to home decor! (Can I get an amen?!)
How can I decorate my house for fall cheap?
While I really want to cut down on the amount of space I am using to store throw pillows, I have another goal in mind too. At the same time, I am trying to be more mindful of my home decor budget! Plus, I like to know that when I invest in home decor, I’m making wise purchases that I can use for other seasons or to easily transition seasons too.
Of course, there is always that one fall-specific throw pillow that sneaks its way in because, well, fall is just a fun season! Throw pillows are a great way to have fun with your decor too!
Here are a few of my favorites for fall throw pillows right now.
Keep in mind the following:
- I make an effort to use many of my pillows from season to season. My goal is that most pillows can be used for at least 2 seasons, if not more.
- My season-specific pillows are only accents. In addition, I’m using pillow covers whenever possible to condense storage.
- These are just some ideas. If you love a very colorful season and have room to store your pillows and pillow covers, GO FOR IT!
- You can reuse pillows in different ways and in different rooms so that you still get a new look for different seasons.
- How you layer your pillows, colors, and patterns can make. big difference as you reuse them for varied seasons. We will take a look at a fool-proof formula for layering throw pillows!
The Best 27 Fall Throw Pillows for 2022
What is the easiest way to decorate for fall?
Throw pillows! They are also one of the best ways to decorate your house on a budget. In fact, no matter the season, you can give an instant cozy vibe by just adding some throw pillows to your spaces. Here is a look at some of my current favorites in a range of styles and budgets.
9 Throw Pillows to Create a Neutral Base
My go-to formula for throw pillows, no matter the season, is this.:
neutral base + subtle color/pattern + accent/statement
That being said, a great neutral pillow that you love is something that you can use in the fall, winter, spring, and summer too! It makes it a great investment and certainly deserves a quality pillow that you love.
Sometimes I do change the neutral base from spring/summer to fall/winter to get a cozier or warmer texture. However, that isn’t necessary and is really just a person preference. Since we live in a tropical climate, I try to keep the layers fairly light-weight!
Here are some of my current favorites for a neutral throw pillow as the base for your pillow vignette:
- A simple base, like this linen square pillow cover, can work year-round. The small fringe is a great detail for texture!
- Burlap trim adds some fun character while still allowing these neutral pillow covers to work with any accents.
- Buttons add a great detail to this neutral pair of throw pillows. And you can’t beat this price for a set of two, either!
- This is a great buy for a set of 4 pillows, perfect for layering throughout your space. It comes in 8 colors so you can choose the best base color for your living room!
- Even though these have some extra pattern, I love the larger size for the base of the pillow vignette. Plus, they also come in a variety of colors and the soft waffle weave fabric is cozy for any season!
- This pair of soft corduroy pillow covers adds a really cozy texture for the fall and winter!
- Big, soft, and cozy are the perfect way to describe these throw pillows! The ruffle adds a soft look to any room and I especially love the size for layering or for the corner of a section.
- An oversized neutral pillow, like this woven one, is a great piece to have for your year round home decor!
- I love the simplicity of this pillow. While the color could work for year round home decorating, I especially love the warmer tone for the fall.
9 Fall Throw Pillows for Accent Colors
As you can see throughout my home, I bring in subtle fall colors with throw pillows and natural accessories, such as dried gourds. (You can find a whole post about those HERE!) Whether you choose to use lots of colors or keep it more subtle, fall throw pillows are the perfect way to add a seasonal accent with color.
I like to start with a neutral base, meaning the back pillow is usually a neutral color. The next layer is typically a fall throw pillow with a subtle color or pattern, such as a geometric pattern or stripe. Sometimes, it can be a great opportunity to pull in a fall color and then tie it altogether with your final accent pillow.
Pillows in this category are also good “stand alone” pillows, as I call them. When you just need a simple pillow to look great all by itself, these will do the trick. At the same time, they can bring in that fall look without having to be too overly seasonal.
Here are a few of my favorites right now:
- This is my favorite right now, with both the color and the pattern. It doesn’t hurt that it’s a great price! I layered mine with a simple neutral colored throw pillow and I love how perfectly it transitioned from summer into fall decor. It could really stay out for any season, though, as neither the color or pattern have to be related to the fall season.
- If you’re looking for a strong fall accent, this pair couldn’t be more beautiful, especially for the price! Plus, they are pillow covers, which means they don’t take up space to store!
- I added this pair for under $15 to our back living room. They are perfect to flank the ends of the sofa. Again, a subtle touch of color and great to use year round. Plus, they are a nice weight of fabric and will hold up well over time!
- You can add some great pattern to your space with this budget-friendly pair of throw pillows too. Plus, they would go with a variety of styles for your accent pillow.
- I really cannot get over the gorgeous, high-end look of this budget-friendly pillow. The colors are just perfect (though I think they would be stunning for spring too) and the pattern is just so pretty!
Try these fall throw pillows with some traditional fall colors!
- I helped my mom pick out fall throw pillows for her living room and THIS pillow was our jumping off point. It’s such a pretty color and could blend with a variety of accent colors too.
- As you can see, I’m a big fan of plaid patterns and this one is so pretty. As I said before, I love a pillow that can blend with different styles and colors and this could definitely work for other seasons too!
- Bring in the fall hues with these pretty corduroy textured pillows! I also love the pom pom detail for some extra fun. Additionally, the price point is wonderful for a set of two pillow covers!
- Get all the fall cuteness for under $13! I ordered this pair for my porch and they are just so fun. I love the classic pattern and traditional fall color!
9 Fall Throw Pillows for an Accent or Statement Piece
I love a good inspiration piece! In fact, some of my favorite decor is inspired by fabric goods, such as a table cloth or throw pillow. One of the reasons that a throw pillow makes such a great accent or statement piece in your decor is that it can be really budget friendly.
What can I use for budget-friendly fall decor?
Instead of an expensive piece of art or a new piece of furniture, you can add even one special pillow to your sofa or favorite cozy corner. Really, that is all it takes to make a statement in a room and set the tone for your overall decor.
In fact, if you get too many statement or accent pieces, they will lose some of that “it” factor. So, it’s important to take time and edit after you decorate. You can make sure your favorite accents have a moment to shine!
I used one vintage pillow to really be the statement piece on our sectional. Though I love the vintage colors and style, I can easily store this pillow cover away for next year. Best of all, this vintage pillow cover doesn’t have to be just for fall. The colors could blend with other seasons too!
Here are some great fall throw pillows that could become your statement piece:
- This vintage-inspired floral print was actually part of a spring collection. However, I think it’s perfect for fall throw pillows!
- You can’t beat a great pumpkin pillow! This one is only $15 and the colors are stunning. It looks like the high-end ones that are triple the price!
- Add this $15 pillow for a statement of gratefulness! I love the simplicity and message; plus, it is beautiful!
- This set of 4 vintage-inspired pillows would set the tone for an entire room and add great pops of fall color!
- The orange color and style of this pillow gives a great vintage look for under $10!
Try these vintage styles for a really special look:
- The orange and rust tones in this vintage rug throw pillow would be perfect for a fall statement! Even though this pillow is more expensive, remember you only need one of them and you can balance out the budget with more inexpensive neutrals.
- This vintage pillow has a little softer tones. However, it is still perfect for fall and I can also easily picture it mixed with spring colors too!
- Use a gorgeous antique grain sack for an amazing statement pillow! I use mine year round and they are perfect to curl up with a great book or Hallmark movie too!
Have some fun with your accent pillows too!
- How about an actual pillow that looks like a pumpkin? Although, around my house, these also are fun to play with. I keep catching my kids curled up with it and a book, so I can’t complain about that!
- If you just can’t get enough of the cute orange buffalo check, grab one of these adorable pumpkin pillows for $13!
- I splurged on this large one last year and the kids were begging me to get it out early this year. I guess it was worth the splurge! Admittedly, it is super soft and cozy!
- Finally! A pumpkin pillow that is outdoor safe and porch-friendly! You only need one to make your porch extra special this fall!
How do I cozy my house for fall?
Here are 27…actually 29….perfect ways to do just that! Actually, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. I could easily make it 127 cute fall throw pillows, except that would take too long and NONE of us need that many pillows. 😂
Cozy your home home up this fall with throw pillows, cozy blankets, candles, and fresh baked goods. Add a pretty wreath on the door, and an atmosphere that makes you just want to be in your favorite place on earth…right at home.
Remember, you don’t need a lot, nor does it need to cost your budget. Focus on:
One neutral (something you use all year) + One subtle color or pattern (something you use for at least 2 seasons) + One specialty accent pillow (this is one per room)
This formula will give you just the right amount of seasonal color, cozy vibes, and a look that is welcoming for your friends and family!