The Best Pumpkin Soup Recipe for Your Crockpot
It is officially cozy season! This delicious pumpkin soup recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or just to bring a cozy taste and scent to your kitchen!
November 1st!!!! It is officially cozy season and after some gorgeous fall temperatures this weekend (well, Florida fall, that is!), I am pulling out all the cozy textures to place throughout our home. The beautiful weather makes me want to light my favorite fall candle and curl up with a cozy blanket!
Then, there are those little things like remembering that I need to feed my family. Haha!
Time to pull out the slow cooker and let it do the work for me!
I recently tried a new recipe that is SO GOOD! It’s my new favorite soup and perfect for the cozy season!
The problem with me sharing recipes is that I’m not a super-duper recipe person. I kind of just toss it all in and hope it works. So you’ll have to consider this a “loose recipe”!
I got this loose recipe from the cafeteria cook (who is AMAZING) at our school. I followed her loose recipe even more loosely. But it totally worked and tasted so good!
Ready for an easy recipe to bring in all the good fall feels?
The Best Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- (1) can of pumpkin
- (1) package of fresh mushrooms
- (1) can of evaporated milk (I substituted 2% milk since I didn’t have evaporated milk on hand. You could also use coconut or almond milk for a healthier option.)
- Minced onion (my kids aren’t big fans of onion, so I used minced onion. It would be even better with fresh sliced onion!)
- (2) tablespoons all-purpose flour
- (2) tablespoons butter
- (1) teaspoon curry powder
- (1) 16 ounce Dr. KellyAnn Bone Broth from Whole Foods (love this because it has protein, collagen, and vitamins!)
- Sprinkled in a little nutmeg
- Sprinkled in a little salt
- Sprinkled in a little pepper
- Minced chives
I let everything simmer and cook in my crock pot! Since we are gone all day, I let it cook on low for 10 hours. The four hour setting would also work just fine.
When I dished it up, I sprinkled a little more of the minced chives on top!
You can find some of our other family favorite crockpot recipes HERE!
I’d love to hear if you try it and what you think! It is definitely a new favorite for me.
I think it would be such a great side dish for Thanksgiving or serve for a Friendsgiving for a casual, fall-themed soup supper!
Here’s to all the cozy things, including what we eat (and keeping it healthy too!)