Mother’s Day Peach Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil (I found my batter to be a little thick, so you might want to add a little more than this)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottoms and sides of 16 muffin cups, or line with paper liners.(Tip: If you do use these for Mother’s Day, you could get some cute muffin liners saying “I love you, Mom” or something that she enjoys!)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. You can set it aside for now. In a smaller bowl, mix the oil, eggs and sugar. I would suggest starting out with the eggs and beating those up a little bit so that they are more liquid-y (is that a word?!?). Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture just until moist. If you have an electric mixer, you can use the paddle attachment. Fold in the peaches. Make sure they are bite-size, or you will be eating peaches with muffin, not muffin with peaches! Spoon into the prepared cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
I hope you have a lot of fun making these muffins. I enjoyed making these creations in the kitchen, and I hope my mom likes them when I give them to her for Mother’s Day!
You could serve these with a lot of things, but I think I am going to make her an omelet with all of the things that she loves in one on it. You could also make a little paper that says, “I would be ‘muffin’ without you!” and put the muffin in place of the word ‘muffin’. Try this link for a printable card!
These turned out so good; I hope yours taste good, too, and that your mom likes them too! I hope you have a beautiful day and a great week!