Notes From the Nest
It was a monumental week around our nest! How is it that our first baby girl is about to turn 16?! This week was all about celebrating her and we’ve had such a fun time. To get ready for her party so soon after Christmas meant our nest also needed some fluffing, so it’s been all about cozy winter decorating and lots and lots of candles!
I hope you enjoy the Notes From Our Nest this week!
Around Our Nest:
- Payton turns 16 on January 21st! It’s hard to believe, especially since Robb and I aren’t aging at all?!?! Haha! Since she will be with her youth group at a retreat over her birthday weekend, we celebrated early with a fun cookout, volleyball, and a “Sweet 16” dessert bar!
- We had fun making a “Sweet 16” Dessert Bar, so I’ll share that with you over on Instagram sometime soon. It would be super cute for Valentine’s Day too!
- Also monumental is that she purchased her first car this week! We are so proud of her diligence to save for her first vehicle and her patience and wisdom in choosing a safe, reliable vehicle that will hopefully take her all the way through college! But wow! Talk about a feeling of your baby growing wings….
- That has been the focus of our week but I’ve also been busy, still getting our house back in order after Christmas. This coming week starts some easy decluttering and freshening up organization, so stay tuned for that!
Around the ‘Gram This Week:
- It’s been all about cozy, neutral, winter decor on Instagram this week!
- Over on this reel, I shared how I shared how I used some of my favorite vintage collections to style the dining room shelves in winter whites. Hopefully it gives you some ideas of grouping collections to display together too!
- I am still working on our winter bedroom, but snapped a picture of the new sconces and shared that HERE!
- I am loving the simplicity, yet fun statement piece, on the winter mantel and gallery wall this year! You can see one of my favorite vintage finds from 2023 styled with gorgeous $1.99 thrifted candle sconces, all on this little family room tour, found HERE!
Around the Blog This Week:
- I told you last week that it would be a busy week on the blog. I have so many winter decorating things I want to share with you! Sometimes our homes can feel a little bare after the Christmas decor comes down, so hopefully you find some inspiration here to make it a cozy winter retreat!
- Over on THIS post, I shared some tips, ideas, and examples of winter coffee table decor.
- THIS blog post is full of all my favorite tips for creating a cozy bedroom for the winter season. Even though we live in Florida, I still enjoy making our room extra cozy for the season.
- Then, you can find mantel decor ideas for winter on THIS blog post! I’ve decorated my winter mantel so many different ways over the years and I combined my favorite ideas all for you HERE!
Around the Storefront This Week:
There have been so many great deals going this week! I’ve ordered quite a few things for some kitchen and closet reorganizing I want to do soon. Then there are also some gorgeous pieces to use in your winter decor. I am obsessed with the vintage style blue-gray pillow and of course, my favorite winter greenery options!
Here are some of the top sellers over on my storefront this week:
- This ficus greenery has been flying off the shelves!
- Or ficus isn’t your thing, this eucalyptus garland is GORGEOUS!
- I love these pine branches!
- And this accent rug? Absolute perfection!
- Last but no least, don’t forget these rug pad grippers for number 4!
You can check this list on my storefront. I update it daily with favorite deals that I think you’ll love too!
Coming Up This Week Around the Nest:
I have one more kiddo with a birthday this month but somewhere in all of the celebrating, I have a lot I want to get done around home and things to share with you too! Here are a few things coming up this week:
- What I’m using for a kitchen refresh
- Kitchen decorating ideas that are functional AND pretty
- Organization tips and ideas for kitchen drawers
- Thrifting With the Gals: kitchen edition!
- How to style open shelving in a kitchen or dining room
- Favorite water bottle organizers we are using
- My new bedroom sconces…I’m obsessed!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
As always, I love to share some inspiration from some of my favorites! Check out these posts for more inspiration for YOUR nest!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
I’ve always loved tablesettings, but the right napkin ring can make or break the entire process! Come visit Renae as she shares her own DIY for elegant bronze napkin rings!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
- How to Decorate with Neutral Colors for Valentine’s Day Decor
- 7 Beautiful Valentine’s Day Tablescapes You Can Create
- 30 Easy Ideas for Non Christmas Winter Decorating
- How to Style Beautiful Coffee Table Decor for Winter (With A Tray)
- 5 Ways You Can Easily Transition from Winter to Spring Decor On a Budget
Thanks for being here! I always say, I’m so blessed with such a wonderful community here at Robyn’s French Nest. I appreciate each of you so much!
I hope you have a really great week (maybe a little less crazy than ours will be) and I can’t wait to see you around the nest this week for all the fun coming up!