Notes From the Nest
Who out there is currently going through the trauma of middle school science? Or you’ve been there, done that, and can give me hope for survival?! Thank goodness for patient teachers…and a three day weekend! Haha! However, our week definitely ended on a fun note….
I hope you enjoy the Notes From Our Nest this week!
Around Our Nest:
- It was a big test week for all the kids’ classes this week, so we’ve had our noses in the books, working hard! I know I probably sound like I brag on my kids too much but I’m super proud of them. School isn’t always easy but they are working hard and it makes my mom heart proud! (Even if tired sometimes too. Haha!)
- We thankfully avoided any hurricane affect in our part of the state. Our thoughts have been with those who had to deal with that this week and have a recovery road ahead. Robb was on storm duty through the week so it’s been a really long week for him also!
- Needless to say, our whole family is super thankful for the 3-day weekend and we will be laboring as little as possible. Hopefully, we won’t even have to get out of pjs or leave the house!!!
- We did end the week with some fun at the rodeo! I shared a little of it in my Instagram stories. We had a blast! Florida is such a mix…we have Key West style homes and Lilly Pulitzer, surfboards, and yachts by us. An hour west, it’s ranches, cows, and rodeos!
Around the ‘Gram This Week:
- Even though it was a hectic week, I still had a lot of fun sharing more of my early fall home decorating over in Instagram this week!
- On THIS Instagram post, I shared my dining room shelves. In stories that day, I shared some shelf styling tips. If you missed that, you can find my “shelf 101 styling guide” HERE!
- Also on THIS Instagram post I shared one of my very favorite poems. It was a good reminder in the middle of the hectic week. Maybe you need this gentle reminder also…
- On THIS Instagram post, I shared a look at my early fall mantel. I am just having so much fun with these little touches of rustic western style. Next week, I plan to change the look by adding in some dried gourds. Since all of this decor already lends itself to fall, it will be quick and easy to tuck in those natural elements and decor accents!
- On THIS Instagram post, I shared some of our “Wild West” rodeo fun… and what it made me think of in our home. Just a fun little post and I couldn’t help myself! It made me smile!
Around the Blog This Week:
- THIS blog post goes into detail about how to add layers, texture, style, and centerpieces to your early fall tablescapes. I can’t wait to share my first early fall tablescape with you on Tuesday! You can get some fun and easy ideas for styling your fall table from THIS blog post!
- On my Friday Favorites, I rounded up some favorite accents to give a hint of that rustic western style to your home decor. Now, our home is far from a western style. However, these little accents and accessories have been so fun to use. Plus, it’s all very neutral so I can easily mix and match decor!
Around the Storefront This Week:
It’s been a fun week around the storefront. I started sharing and showing more of my new finds this past week in my early fall decorating. Even though a lot of my pieces are vintage or thrifted, I searched high and low to help you get the “look” for your own home too. Of course, just a few, super subtle hints of early fall too.
Don’t worry. Fall-specific decor is coming soon. Haha! Honestly, the stage is set and now I just need to get my bags of dried gourds out of the attic! 👏🏻
Here are some of the top sellers over on my storefront this week:
- This pampas grass was by far the best seller this week. It’s so versatile for fall!
- If the grass doesn’t inspire you, this wreath just might. I just love it!
- This throw blanket is so so soft!
- Here’s one of my favorites. This wooden pear is perfect for the season!
- And last but not least, my favorite candles are always a good choice!
You can check this list on my storefront. I update it daily with favorite deals that I think you’ll love too!
Coming Up This Week Around the Nest:
September is going to be such a fun month and I have so many things I hope to share soon! Here are a few things coming up this week:
- Great Labor Day sales! Find my Favorite Daily Deals curated shopping list HERE!
- I’m putting together my first early fall tablescape! It’s been awhile since I’ve done a full tablescape, so I’m excited about this. I was working on it the other day and my daughter was confused. She wondered if I was starting to decorate for Thanksgiving. 😂 She did say she liked it, so that was a win! Stay tuned, I guess???? 😂
- It’s Fall Home Tour week! I am joining with over 30 bloggers to tour you through our homes. Watch my Instagram stories each day to see what amazing homes you get to tour! This is really an early fall home tour for me and I’ll be sharing a lot more fall-specific decor as September goes along. My early fall home tour is Thursday, so make sure to visit the blog and Instagram for that!
- I’m rounding up some ideas and inspiration for creating some simple and subtle rustic western decor looks that you can incorporate into your home. This is going to be so fun!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
As always, I love to share some inspiration from some of my favorites! There are some amazing fall ideas for you in these posts. Check out these posts for more inspiration for YOUR nest!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
- Best Vintage Table Decoration Ideas for Fall Centerpieces
- Best Fall Home Decor Ideas From Amazon 2023 Under $50
- Simple Ideas for Decorating Fall Living Room Centerpieces
- Best Fall Primitive Decor Ideas: Decorating Vintage Finds
- 5 Free Fall Decor Ideas You Can Use for Budget Decor
Thanks for being here! I always say, I’m so blessed with such a wonderful community here at Robyn’s French Nest. I appreciate each of you so much!
I hope you have a really great week (maybe a little less crazy than ours will be) and I can’t wait to see you around the nest this week for all the fun coming up!