The Best Christmas Treats and Recipes for a Festive Dinner
Nothing brings the holiday spirit like amazing food! Find our favorite Christmas treats and recipes to delight your family and guests this season! Keep reading for Day Five of the 10 Days of Christmas Preparation. You’ll want to save these recipes and maybe even use some for Thanksgiving too! Yum!
Welcome to Day Five of the 10 Days of Christmas Preparation! We simply cannot go any further without making sure you have all of our favorite Christmas treats and recipes saved and ready for the season. In fact, you may want to get started with some of these for Thanksgiving too!
Each recipe looks incredibly delicious and you are definitely in for a real “treat” today!!!
Meet the friends who are inspiring you for the 10 Days of Christmas Prep this week:
- Rachel from The Pond’s Farmhouse
- Anne and AnnMarie from Simply 2 Moms
- Stacy from Bricks N Blooms
- Jen from Cottage on Bunker Hill
- KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms
- Kelly from The Tattered Pew
- Brendt from She Gave It A Go
- Kim from Cottage in the Mitten
I have had the honor of spending time with each of these amazing ladies and I’m proud to call them my personal friends! I’ve seen peeks of what they will be sharing and I promise you won’t want to miss a single day! It is such an honor to spend time “decorating, DIYing, baking, cooking, and creating” this week with such kind and talented friends!
What is the best holiday treat?
Well, we love them all! Here’s a peek at what you’ll get to enjoy today!
- Creating Christmas Dinner with Mom’s Special Recipes
- Christmas White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Quick and Easy Christmas Shortbread Cookies
- Ice Skate Cookies from Ready to Bake Cookie Dough
- Low Carb Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- Easy Christmas Cookies to Make This Season
- Nana’s Italian Cookies (family recipes are the best, right?!)
- The Best Southern Christmas Candy Made Simple
- Easy Cranberry and Apple Bake Recipe
The Best Christmas Treats and Recipes for a Festive Dinner
1. Family recipes always taste the best! Check out our family’s traditional Christmas dinner:
What should I serve for Christmas dinner?
Well, if we tried to serve anything other than THIS MENU, I think we would have a family feud or mutiny or protest or something!!! These are definitely my favorite recipes from our family’s traditional (not-so-traditional) Christmas dinner. Thankfully, my mom is kind enough to share the recipes.
You can find them all HERE. I promise…they are amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Hurry up, Christmas!
2. Try this classic Christmas treat for a fun gift idea!
Brendt from She Gave It A Go is sharing such a fun gift to make for Christmas! Who doesn’t love receiving something delicious?!
These Christmas white chocolate covered pretzel rods are the perfect homemade Christmas gift for everyone on your list.
They take under 20 minutes to make and turn out so bright and festive. Simply place them in a ball jar or holiday canister and they will be a hit to whoever is the recipient!
Get this fun Christmas recipe idea HERE!
3. Add this easy version of a favorite Christmas treats and recipes idea!
What is the most common Christmas cookie?
Growing up, it was always either sugar cookies or shortbread cookies. Shortbread cookies are still one of my personal favorites for the season. Kelly from The Tattered Pew is helping all of us out with our holiday baking by sharing an easy shortbread cookie recipe!
Looking for a simple cookie recipe that will be the talk of your Christmas cookie exchange? These 3 ingredient cookies are some of the easiest to make and have the sweetest buttery flavor that will leave you wanting more. It’s a winner for sure. Get the recipe HERE!
4. Ice Skate Cookies from Ready to Bake Cookie Dough!
Make these easy ice skate cookies from ready-to-bake cookie dough and peppermint candy canes.
Perfect with hot chocolate and marshmallows!
5. Adding a low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free option to your Christmas treats and recipes?
What sweets have the least amount of carbs?
Adding a low carb Christmas treat is a great idea! Paired with chocolate, peppermint, and cheesecake, it sounds even better! Simply 2 Moms is sharing a low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free Christmas treat recipe that is making my mouth water!
Want a delicious dessert for the holidays? This Low Carb Peppermint Cheesecake is sure to impress everyone you serve it to! No one will ever guess that it’s sugar-free or gluten-free, and they’ll be shocked if you happen to tell them. Get the recipe HERE!
6. Sometimes you just need the easiest, quickest Christmas treat recipe!
How do you make easy cookies?
Stacy from Bricks N Blooms has got you covered for those last-minute simple Christmas treats and recipes with this easy cookie idea. Sometimes the yummiest treats are the simple ones! Plus, this one is perfect for having some holiday fun with the kids!
Looking to make easy Christmas cookies? Check out this quick and easy recipe that is super delicious and great to make with the kids!
7. What is the secret to good cookies?
Remember how we said family recipes are the best? Jen from Cottage on Bunker Hill is sharing a really special one today. I cannot wait to try these this year, myself!
8. No one can disagree with amazing southern Christmas treats and recipe ideas, right?
Looking for an easy and sweet treat to make this Christmas? The simple southern candy will be perfect for your Christmas parties.
9. Be sure to include some super easy Christmas treats and recipes in your favorites!
What is the easiest thing to bake at home?
Rachel from The Pond’s Farmhouse promises this is a super easy one! Bonus: it sounds like it has a heavenly scent that is sure to give your home a festive vibe!
This Cranberry & Apple Bake Recipe is one of Rachel’s family’s all-time favorite holiday recipes. It’s so easy that she says even she makes it. (However, Rachel is talented at everything she does and makes it all look easy!). This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
Even though it is perfect for Christmas, I think the sweet and tart would be a great addition to a Thanksgiving dessert bar too!
Are you getting hungry yet?
I have to admit, I’m starting to crave some amazing holiday food and desserts after writing this post! Even though fancy, amazing desserts are always special for the holidays, I do think it is important to remember that the little things count too and sometimes simple and stress-free (or stress-less) is the best of all!
Make sure to pin the recipes you want to try so you can find them easily when the holidays get closer!
Don’t miss out on the full 10 Days of Christmas Prep!
- Day 1: 9 of the most simple, easy, and beautiful Christmas DIY ideas HERE
- Day 2: Get your outdoor Christmas porch decor ready with THESE ideas
- Day 3: Give your Christmas tree a little something extra with THESE inspiring ideas
- Day 4: Use these tips to create simple and budget-friendly Christmas tablescapes and table settings for entertaining
- Day 5: Save these amazing Christmas treats and recipes to make for your family and friends this season