Notes From the Nest
Is anyone else just loving the anticipation of the upcoming weeks? I love Thanksgiving and all of the holiday fun. I even love many aspects of the hustle and bustle as we enjoy seasonal activities and events together as a family! I am working hard to get our home ready for the holidays with our Christmas decor. It truly helps me take a deep breath and relax at the end of a busy day when the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights and my flickering flameless candles usher in the evening! This week has been all about preparation!
I hope you enjoy the Notes From Our Nest this week!
Around Our Nest:
- I have been ordering clothes and shoes right and left for our kiddos! The Thanksgiving program, Christmas events, and activities are coming fast. Of course, NOTHING fits from last year. Haha! And Florida boys don’t usually own long, black pants. Thank goodness for Amazon!
- We had such a fun family night putting up our tree together. I love that our kids get so excited about it! We have so many ornaments from family adventures and memories. It was a lovely evening and ended with our traditional “snowball” fight, of course!
- Starbucks holiday drinks are out. Let’s just say I’ve been drinking more than my fair share of desserts already this season!
- I’m not finished with Christmas decorating, but I’m getting close! And then I can start tweaking and rearranging because what’s the fun in being “done” decorating?!
Around the ‘Gram This Week:
- It’s been a busy week on Instagram! Over on THIS post, I shared a peek at our 2023 Christmas Card from Minted. Good news: You can use my code ROBYNHOLIDAY2023 to get 20% off of your cards and gifts + free shipping (*exclusions apply). Get your cards ordered HERE! I love the Minted brand and especially the free recipient addressing. It saves me so much time during the busy season!
- One of the questions I get a lot is for tips and idea of styling greenery. Over on THIS post, I shared how I layer winter greenery. Check it out for a quick and easy tutorial!
- Our entryway is small but I had SO much fun decorating it! Check out my free decor on THIS post and how I styled it with pieces I already had to make for a really fun look. It makes me smile to walk through this little space!
Around the Blog This Week:
- The blog has been full of Christmas inspiration all week long! I’ve joined with some of my favorite blogging friends to share so many of our favorite decor ideas, tips, tutorials, and inspiration. We hope you’ve enjoyed it! Here is where you can find all of the posts:
Day 1: 7 Best Simple Christmas DIY Decoration Ideas
Day 2: 23 Best & Easy Ways to Decorate a Christmas Tree
Day 3: Best Ideas for Christmas Decorating with Winter Greenery
Day 4: 15 Best Ideas for Festive Entryways and Christmas Front Porch Decorating
Day 5: Beautiful Vintage Farmhouse Christmas Home Decor Ideas
Day 6: 15 Festive and Easy Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
Day 7: 11 Best Festive Christmas Table Decor Ideas
Around the Storefront This Week:
It’s been a fun week around the storefront. Christmas decor is just the best! I’ve ordered a few new things myself and I’m having fun sharing those with you.
Here are some of the top sellers over on my storefront this week:
- I am obsessed with these Christmas must-haves! Did I mention I’ve already ordered two?!
- These remote-controlled pillar candles are amazing!
- I use these everywhere! I especially love them for Christmas!
- These lights are giving an extra special sparkle aaround our house this year!
- And this ribbon? It’s perfection on my mantel!
You can check this list on my storefront. I update it daily with favorite deals that I think you’ll love too! Also on my storefront are my holiday gift guides, so if you need some ideas, check that out too!
Coming Up This Week Around the Nest:
There are so many fun things coming up that I am excited to share with you as I continue working on decking the halls of our home for Christmas!
- How to decorate a sparse style Christmas tree, like an Aspen or Fir
- Ideas for what to put your Christmas tree in for extra character and style
- Fun ideas for decorating an old ladder for the Christmas season
- Tips for decorating a console table for Christmas
- Christmas dining room tour and shelf styling ideas
- + Join me for some vintage shopping!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
As always, I love to share some inspiration from some of my favorites! Check out these posts for more inspiration for YOUR nest!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
- Best Ideas for Christmas Decorating with Winter Greenery
- Easy Ideas for a Simple DIY Advent Wreath for Christmas
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid for the Best Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- 23 Best & Easy Ways to Decorate a Christmas Tree
- 7 Best Simple Christmas DIY Decoration Ideas
- Easy Ways to Decorate Kitchen Cabinets for Christmas
Thanks for being here! I hope you are starting to get that excited feeling as we head into this magical season. And most of all, that in all of the hustle and bustle, you can reflect and live in these words from my favorite author, Ann Voskamp:
“There is a way to live the BIG of giving thanks in all things. It is this: to give thanks in this one small thing. The moments will add up.”
I hope you have a really great week and I can’t wait to see you around the nest this week for all the fun coming up!