Notes From the Nest
When I say this week was a whirlwind, I actually mean it. I really look forward to a Notes From the Nest post soon that doesn’t start with “what a crazy week.” Haha! It will happen…soon. We are getting ready to start our first regular week of school with typical routines and schedules. Even though summer is wonderful, getting back into a regular swing of things sounds pretty good right now too!
Random notes from our nest:
- The 2023 school year has begun! Our oldest is in 10th grade, our middle daughter is in 7th grade, and my “baby” is in 4th grade! I am starting my 19th year in the classroom…time flies! Everyone had a great first day, even though we are missing sleeping in on the summer mornings! Haha!
- If you see me decorating for fall anytime soon, know I am just channeling or wishing some cooler weather. We’ve had extreme heat advisories this week. When those roll around for Florida, you know it’s bad! Yikes!
- Actually, I haven’t had time for decorating with back to school this week. However, the coastal elements are packed up and the house is pretty clean. That’s a win enough for me this week!
- I have the most adorable little class at school this year. They are so little and sweet and I can already tell it’s going to be a super cute school year. Such a blessing!
Around the blog this week:
Over on the blog this week, I shared the final reveal of our drop zone area for the kids’ backpacks and school items. Not only is it a “how to” post, but I also tried to share some tips and thoughts for how you can take underutilized spaces in your home and turn them into functional and even beautiful organization and storage.
You can read all of the details HERE!
I also shared our family’s favorite EASY crockpot family recipes on THIS blog post! These are items I keep on hand for quick, easy, simple, and delicious family dinners!
Around the ‘gram this week:
Instagram was a little quiet this week due to our back to school schedule and trying to get back into routine. However, I had fun sharing when I could!
- Tour of my classroom in Instagram stories
- Some of my favorite organizational and storage items I am enjoying around our home
- Final reveal of our new drop zone area for the kids’ backpacks and school items. I am SO excited with how it all turned out and the kids are doing a great job of using it well. Hopefully THIS reel gives you some organizational inspiration too!
Around my storefront this week:
There have been some awesome deals! Hopefully you follow along on my storefront. Everyday, I update my “Favorite Daily Deals” idea list with some of my favorite deals. Many of these are ones that are not really pushed out on the main deals pages, so you’ll want to check each day for those! You can find them HERE!
Here are the top favorites and sellers from this week:
- This table runner is one of my very favorites and I have it in a couple of colors now. It’s so easy to style and looks pretty on its own or even layered with other table linens. You can’t beat the price and it comes in several different colors! Shop it HERE!
- This gorgeous and SUPER realistic greenery stem is in the top sellers for the 3rd week in a row! I love using mine for late fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and through the winter also. It is so easy to style and decorate. Just stick 3 in a pretty vessel together and you’ll have people touching it in person to see if it’s real or not! Shop it HERE!
- These stunning and really high-end looking pillow covers are going to be ALL over our nest this fall and winter. I absolutely love them and my kids can’t stop petting them. Haha! Seriously, they are just amazing. After seeing some similar ones in a boutique for $200 each, I started researching. I’m happy to have found THESE for a fraction of the cost and they are just as amazing!
- This spinning organizer is wonderful. My girls have one in their bathroom and it works perfectly for keeping toiletries, makeup, and supplies organized and easy to access. It would also be awesome in an office space for organizing supplies! It’s been on sale for a great price this week too. Shop it HERE!
- My favorite blanket has been on sale and it was a big hit again with you all this week. It’s not the first time this has been on the top seller list and for good reason. It is the coziest! The gauzy cotton is breathable, super soft, and so comfy. It is also available in quite a few colors! Shop it HERE!
Coming up soon from the nest:
It’s going to be a fun week around Robyn’s French Nest, including hopefully getting back into regular content sharing. Thanks for your patience with me! Here are few things I’m excited about:
- How I’m using some of my vintage finds from the World’s Longest Yard Sale around our home
- 5 ideas for decorating a coffee table for fall
- What is inspiring my early fall home decor this year
- Refreshing a bathroom on a budget
- My fail-proof formula for styling a coffee table
- Favorite accessories to help transition from summer to fall around your home
Inspiration from around the nest this week:
Check out these blogging friends to see what they’ve been up to. I think you’ll see why they are inspiring me this week too!
Thanks for being part of our week here around the nest! I know a lot of you are going through the same back to school transitions, so I’m joining you in extra coffee, lots of grace, and extra patience!
Those of you who are out of that season of life, the rest of us appreciate your prayers and blessings! Haha!
Have a great week! I look forward to seeing you around the nest this week!