Notes From the Nest
Even though the week started off a little rocky (ever have those days?!), it has ended with SUCH a fun time! Living in South Florida, we have to really plan ahead and be intentional in order to feel those fall vibes. We did a crazy thing and drove 10 1/2 hours through the night to experience some fall fun, then 10 hours back home. After all, life is too short to not do the crazy thing sometimes!
I hope you enjoy the Notes From Our Nest this week!
Around Our Nest:
- We were already planning to take this weekend trip to for apple picking when I realized that the Liberty Antiques Show was happening at the SAME TIME! My family indulged me for a few hours and we had so much fun! Stay tuned in my stories next week to see a couple of goodies I picked up!
- The fallish-weather has just been good for the soul. My husband was suggesting different activities we could do and my comment was, “I just want to be outside and soak it in!”
- We are bringing back some pretty pumpkins and a LOT of apples from the Millstone Creek Orchard and Sky Top Orchard apple picking orchard in North Carolina. Gorgeous farms for family fun!
- Tomorrow begins another busy week at school. I am resigning myself to the fact that a high schooler, middle schooler, and 4th grader are just bringing a new level of busy to our home and lives. However, it is a season and I’m determined to figure out a way to balance it better. In the meantime, we’re having a great weekend and I plan to enjoy it until the very last drop!!!
- We enjoyed wearing some fun fall clothing that we ordered from JQ Clothing Co. She was so kind to offer a 15% discount for YOU to enjoy! Just use the code ROBYN15 at checkout! We absolutely loved visiting her boutique in Medora, North Dakota over the summer. She has really unique pieces that are made for comfort and cuteness all at the same time! Highly recommend picking up a couple of fun fall clothing pieces from them!
Around the ‘Gram This Week:
- Fall is going strong over on Instagram! I love seeing all the rich colors and inviting spaces that my friends are creating there!
- I am back to my #tablescapetuesday sharing but I’m doing it differently this season! So far, the feedback this week was that you all love it, so I’m hoping it is helpful. Each week, I’ll be sharing examples about a different aspect of tablescape styling for fall and Thanksgiving. This week was all about place settings! You can see 6 different easy place setting ideas HERE! Notice: I am using a lot of the same pieces throughout each idea, just mixing and matching. Don’t over think a pretty table!
- Do you know how I know you all are my decor people?! You love dough bowls as much as I do! I have a post up this week with ideas for decorating a dough bowl or large bowl in 3 minutes or less. Everyone has 3 minutes to relax with a little decor styling, right?!
Around the Blog This Week:
- You can get a lot of details, examples, tips, and resources for decorating a kitchen table or simple dining room table over on THIS blog post. Our kitchens get a lot of traffic this time of year, so let’s focus on making them warm and inviting too!
- Remember those 3-minute dough bowl ideas?! You can get all the details HERE!
Around the Storefront This Week:
It’s been another fun week around the storefront! I can tell you all are in the fall mood, too, and thinking ahead toward your fall events, Thanksgiving, and even some early holiday planning based on the favorites this week! Plus, you all definitely love cozy! Who doesn’t?!
Here are some of the top sellers over on my storefront this week:
- I can’t get enough of these spiral taper candles. Especially since they look so real, add great texture, are on a timer, and work off of a remote too. Seriously. The coziest addition to any room!
- Pair those candles with this gorgeous table runner! I love how easy it is to use, and how it goes with l iterally everything!
- Tapers aren’t your thing? Then check out these amazing pillar candles! I can’t get over how realistic the concrete looks!
- I can’t believe these storage bags are almost 50% off! I love the see-through panel. It makes them so much easier to find in my attic!
- I can’t wait to see how you all use these faux fall stems in your decor! Aren’t they perfect for the seaseon
You can check this list on my storefront. I update it daily with favorite deals that I think you’ll love too!
Coming Up This Week Around the Nest:
October is always such a fun month and I have so many things I hope to share soon! Here are a few things coming up this week:
- A few goodies from our weekend trip and some styling ideas for them!
- How to choose colors for a Thanksgiving tablescape and one of my favorite table designs ever!
- How to decorate a kitchen for Thanksgiving to create a warm and fun place to prep for and enjoy the season!
- Some vintage market shopping fun!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
As always, I love to share some inspiration from some of my favorites! Check out these posts for more inspiration for YOUR nest!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
- Easy Fall Kitchen Table Decor Ideas for a Cozy Room
- 15 of the Best Thanksgiving Decor Ideas and Inspirations
- How to Create Easy Friendsgiving Table Settings and Thanksgiving Decor
- Ideas to Style an Antique Scale in Vintage Kitchen Decor
- How to Make Easy DIY Concrete Pumpkin Candle Holders
Thanks for being here! I always say, I’m so blessed with such a wonderful community here at Robyn’s French Nest. I appreciate each of you so much!
I hope you have a really great week (maybe a little less crazy than ours will be) and I can’t wait to see you around the nest this week for all the fun coming up!