Notes From the Nest
I think it’s been the most “normal” week yet of 2024. Whew! It has felt good to have some routine and even get some projects done around our home. Even just getting to BE home a lot has been great! So…here’s what we’ve been up to!
I hope you enjoy the Notes From Our Nest this week!
Around Our Nest:
- It was Teddy Bear week for my classroom and the bears got into ALL kinds of mischief at school! Haha! It’s so fun to set the classroom up with the bear mischief for the kiddos to find in the morning. We wrapped the week up with our annual Bear Hunt and Teddy Bear Picnic! Cue the marshmallows, blueberries, and teddy grahams!
- Payton is officially the 3rd driver in our home. I am SO excited! It is so nice to have someone to run kids to music lessons or a quick errand to the grocery store! Funny how she has grown up to be 16 but I haven’t aged a bit. (wink, wink!)
- Robb and Harrison started a fun project in Harrison’s room this week, making a “Nerf wall”! Projects get done little by little around here but they should be finished soon and it’s going to be a lot of fun when the neighborhood boys come over!
- My girls’ closet got a makeover this week! We literally emptied the closet, sorted, reorganized, added some new organizers that fit their clothes and shoes better, and we all feel a sigh of relief. Kids’ closets are such a chore!
- Our garage project continues and we need to have a big yard sale soon to finish emptying it out. Local friends, stay tuned!
Around the ‘Gram This Week:
- It was bathroom and organization week around IG! As I said on one of my captions, if you’re looking for a creator with a really systemized approach to getting the house deep cleaned, reorganized, refreshed, and re-everything in January, I’m not your girl! But I do love getting a little done here and there as I’m able.
- The kids’ bathroom got a good refresh this week. I bleached their shower curtain to make it good as new, added new towels and a new bathmat, and just gave it a good cleaning. You can see their bathroom refresh HERE!
- Over on THIS reel, I shared 10 organizers that I am currently using and loving around our home. Each one of these has helped so much, whether in the bathroom, kitchen, closet, or pantry. Maybe these organizers will give you some ideas too!
Around the Blog This Week:
- Over on THIS blog post, I shared some tips and ideas to decorate bathroom countertops. It takes me a long time to put together posts for bathrooms and kitchens because they are such specific spaces that need to function so well! Hopefully by seeing the simple ways we make our bathroom space pretty AND functional, you can get some ideas for your own space!
- THIS post is all about how to update and refresh a bathroom on a budget. Bathrooms and kitchens get so expensive. However, there are great ways you can refresh your bathroom without having to spend a ton of money. Get my simple ideas HERE!
- Friday Favorites, of course, is all about bathroom essentials. However, these are such beautiful essentials that can add a lot of function to your bathroom too! Check them out HERE!
Around the Storefront This Week:
Based on the favorites from this week, you all are doing the same thing as me. Some organizing mixed in with some decorating. I love your intentionality to make your homes beautiful and functional! And I love that your favorites this week are also some of my very favorites!
Here are some of the top sellers over on my storefront this week:
- This kitchen organizer fits any shelf & is a real live saver!
- I LOVE this label maker & have used at least 1,153 times in the girls bedroom this week alone!
- THIS absolutely solved the shoe problem in my girl’s closet. A must-have!
- These apothecary jars are great! Check them out HERE!
- I use THESE in my girl’s room to keep the area rug in place.
You can check this list on my storefront. I update it daily with favorite deals that I think you’ll love too!
Coming Up This Week Around the Nest:
It is impossible to believe that January is coming to a close! I don’t do a lot of decorating for Valentine’s Day but we do have fun with some activities. I am also finally going to get around to sharing more of the big Sweet 16 Birthday party we had this month too! Here’s a few things that are coming up this next week:
- How to create a Sweet 16 tablescape with a boho vibe…but you could easily use this centerpiece for Valentine’s Day or a Galentine’s party!
- Valentine class gift idea with DIY s’more cups
- How to decorate for Valentine’s Day with neutral colors
- Fun ideas for an easy Valentine’s gift basket
- Hopefully…a finished Nerf wall that you can easily recreate
- How to create a candy and dessert charcuterie grazing table
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
As always, I love to share some inspiration from some of my favorites! Check out these posts for more inspiration for YOUR nest!
Inspiration Around the Nest This Week:
You need to check out Kim over at Shiplap & Shells this week. She’s sharing all the basics about growing cut flowers from seed….basically, everything I’m horrible at! You’ll love her tips & tricks!
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
- How to Decorate with Neutral Colors for Valentine’s Day Decor
- How to Set a Sweet Valentine’s Day Breakfast Table
- Easy Spring Cleaning Tips for the Busy Mom
- Simple Spring Decor: 7 Easy Ways to Update Your Home for Spring
- Simple Ideas for Easy Kitchen Countertop Organization
- Helpful Bathroom Renovation FAQ’s You Need to Know
Thanks for being here! I always say, I’m so blessed with such a wonderful community here at Robyn’s French Nest. I appreciate each of you so much!
I hope you have a really great week (maybe a little less crazy than ours will be) and I can’t wait to see you around the nest this week for all the fun coming up!