Notes From the Nest
Happy Sunday! If you’ve been following along in my Instagram stories this week, you know it’s been a full one! Here’s a few highlights:
Around Our Nest:
- We completely redid our hot water closet and turned it into a really organized drop zone for the kids’ school things. I’ll share all of the details on the blog and Instagram soon, so stay tuned. I am soooo happy with how it turned out!
- I got a new label maker (told you that last week) and I’ve continued to label everything in the house. But guess what?! No one tried to put leftovers in the section of the refrigerator where I make up Robb’s lunches for him to quickly grab in the mornings!!!
- We welcomed our sweet girl home from her missions trip to Honduras. To say it was life-changing for her is an understatement. She is happy to be home but also had such a wonderful time. She loved working with the children through the ministries there!
- I did my best to tidy up the house and leave lots of detailed notes for my family as I left for Atlanta to attend the Haven Conference!
- Speaking of the conference, just wow! I always learn so much. However, my favorite part is just gathering with other creators and sharing our love for our homes, families, and communities…like YOU! I’ll be going through my notes over the next weeks and working on ideas that I can do to make this community even better for you. Thank you for being here!
- Robb picked me up in Atlanta and we are headed out Monday morning to the 127 sale, aka, The World’s Longest Yard Sale! Stay tuned to see what treasures we find!
Around the blog:
This week was very Merry and Bright around the blog because it was Christmas in July! Thanks to my sweet friend, Rachel, from The Pond’s Farmhouse, for hosting such a fun and inspiring blog hop this week.
I shared 5 things you can do right now to work ahead for the holiday season (and they are all pretty fun things to do!). Along with a bunch of my favorite blogging friends, we had fun spreading some cheer and hopefully a lot of inspiration!
I also shared some favorite Christmas and winter decor for Friday Favorites. Yes, I know the holidays are far away. Believe me, I’m soaking up every minute of summer. Remember? I’m a mom AND teacher! Haha!
However, these favorites always sell out early or even go up in price as the season gets closer. I highly recommend ordering NOW, tucking them away, and continuing on with an amazing summer!
Around the ‘gram:
- Catch one of my favorite Christmas views from my Christmas in July post!
- I shared the progress of our new drop zone space in stories. Stay tuned to see how it all turns out along with all the details, coming soon on the blog!
Around the Storefront:
There were some great sales this week! Check out these top sellers! And if you don’t have it yet, try out Amazon Prime for free. It’s a life saver!
- Cozy, soft, muslim blanket: These gauzy blankets are the best and they were on a lightning deal this week! (Make sure you follow along on my storefront and IG stories for these daily deals!).
- Ornament Garland: This amazing garland is a fan favorite, and currently over 20% off!
- Pine Garland: One of my absolute favorites for Christmas! Definitely worth the investment!
- Flameless Real Wax Candles: I love the warm lights of these beauties!
- Christmas Cowbells: More Cowbell please! LOL! You’re going to love these!
Coming Soon to the Nest:
This coming week is going to be all about the vintage, thrifted, chippy, antique, old treasures we find on The World’s Longest Yard Sale! You can find out more about it on THIS post!
If you just need entertainment, well, Robb loves to provide plenty of eye-rolling opportunities and laughs along the way. We look forward to these few days every year. It’s a great time to find great pieces and lots of inspiration. At the same time, we just enjoy the time together so much!
The second half of the week is going to be all about finishing getting my classroom set up and spending every minute I can with my own kiddos! Hard to believe this is the last week before school begins!
You can find some tips for preparing for back to school on THIS post!
Inspiration Around the Nest:
Do you follow Peacock Ridge Farm? It was SO fun to spend some time with Renae at the Haven Conference. We felt so fancy with our coffee in the nice hotel lobby, catching up! However, speaking of fancy, check out the chicken coop! Even if you don’t have chickens, you’re going to want them after you see what Renae did HERE!
Kim from Shiplap & Shells has the best gardening advice! She shares this week on how to best attract pollinators to your summer garden. So interesting & helpful!
I am so intrigued by Heid’s post this week. She shares how to make homemade candles in scallop shells. I want to try, right??
You may also enjoy these popular posts:
Thanks for visiting Robyn’s French Nest!
In case I haven’t said it lately, I appreciate each of you. Every time you read my blog, watch an IG story, shop a deal through one of my links, send a kind DM, or just leave a heart…it is so encouraging. Even though Robyn’s French Nest is our family’s small business, each of YOU are so much more than that to me. I count you among my friends and I’m so glad you’re part of my community!
We are catching our breath today, resting up, and getting ready for another fun week ahead!