Notes From the Nest
Happy Sunday! What a busy week, full of celebrations, travel, and trying to stay cool. When a heat advisory hits south Florida for temps that feel like 114…let’s just say you either get in the pool or hide in the air conditioning!
I hope you’ve had a great week and even enjoyed a random day off in the middle of it all for the 4th of July!
Here’s a quick peek at our week, around our nest:
Random notes from our nest:
- Payton survived boot camp for her first overseas missions trip! She will be traveling to Honduras later this month. Even though she came home with a pile of laundry and some exhaustion, it was a great experience of bonding with her team, preparing and practicing for their ministry opportunities, figuring out how to wash clothes by hand, and having a lot of fun too!
- We’ve been working through a fun cooking challenge…catch up with that from my Instagram post linked below. It’s definitely been interesting but the younger two are learning a lot of basic kitchen skills this summer!
- Robb and I celebrated our 20th anniversary. It sounds so cliche, but it’s truly hard to believe 20 years have gone by already. I have officially spent over half of my life with my very best friend. More than ever before, he’s still my favorite to do, well, everything with! We are in a busy season of life, for sure, with a lot of demands on our time and energy. But even if it’s grabbing a bite to eat while running errands or just driving to the corner gas station for a soda with good ice, he makes everything more fun. I am so blessed.
- The kids and I are getting ready to start a fun week of church youth camp, safely tucked away literally in the middle of nowhere, Oklahoma! I grew up going to camp here. It’s truly a privilege to get to do my little part to invest back into a place that poured so much into my life. Plus, we have a blast! Not only do my kids have a great time, but we get to spend time with a lot of cousins. There will be at least 14 second cousins all here together this week!
Around the blog this week:
The blog was a little quieter this week because we are just having a lot of fun this summer. Plus, there is literally no routine. For me, that means I have a really hard time getting things done, like writing a blog post! Haha!
However, I did finally wrap up a highly-requested blog post with tips and ideas for decorating glass cloches for summer. You all know how much I love using glass cloches in my decorating and they are so fun for the summer season too.
Around the ‘gram this week:
There were several fun things happening over on Instagram this week! Click on the pictures below to find out more about a fun website I found for professional outdoor design help and all about our summer cooking challenge.
Plus, you can see how I styled up one of my favorite decor pieces (currently on sale HERE!) with a glass cloche for a centerpiece!
Around my storefront this week:
I’ve been updating the early deals page every day this week over on my Amazon storefront. There are some great savings! As I find things I need or want for my classroom, to update or refresh around our home, or even tuck back for gifts, I’m adding those and hopefully it helps you out too!
I know the Prime Days sales are AMAZING. At the same time, they can be super overwhelming. Stay tuned for a blog post on Tuesday morning with a round up of things I have and love or are on my wishlist that are great sales.
Here are the top favorites and sellers from this week:
- Cordless vacuum, now 58% off (I purchased this for my classroom!)
- Set of 25 drawer organizers, over 40% off
- These muslin blankets are so soft and comfy, over 30% off!
- This travel mirror is WONDERFUL, almost 50% off!
- These faux palm branches are SO realistic and have been a top seller all summer long. For under $10 for the set of 8 branches, it’s no wonder, right?!
Coming up soon from the nest:
This will be a different week around our nest. Robb will be holding down the fort at home while the kids and I are at camp in Oklahoma! I’ll try to share some snippets in my Instagram stories, so make sure you’re following along there!
The big thing this week will be the Prime Day sales. I’ll be finding some wifi somewhere to get some shopping done myself and I’ll share with you what I can. If there’s anything you’re looking for, let me know in the blog comments and I’ll keep an eye on the sales for you!
Inspiration from around the nest this week:
Even though we are in full summer mode over here, there is so much great inspiration out there. Check out these blogging friends to see what they’ve been up to. I think you’ll see why they are inspiring me this week too!
Who else is obsessed with the lavender scent OR has a summer garden?
Even though I don’t have a summer garden, THIS beautiful post from my friend Renae, over at Peacock Ridge Home, brought back fun memories of the cutest lavender shop we visited on vacation! I had no idea so many things could be made with lavender!
Check out Renae’s post about harvesting lavender in your summer garden!
Need help with your summer garden?
Speaking of gardens, one of my all-time favorite gardens in all of Instagram-land is from Kim over at Shiplap and Shells. I love seeing her posts and gorgeous blog. Over on THIS post, she’s sharing 16 favorite plants for a cottage-style garden, along with her masterful tips, tricks, and ideas! Get it all HERE!